I am Jing Gu, a Ph.D student at the University of California, Santa Cruz working with Prof. Xin (Eric) Wang. Previously I was a master student at the University of California, Davis working with Prof. Zhou Yu. I was in Google Research as an intern working on Embodied AI In 2022 summer with Dr. Su Wang, Dr. Peter Anderson, and Dr. Jason Baldridge.
[2022.10] Our Athena team received an Amazon Alexa Prize Award to work on Alexa Prize SocialBot Grand Challenge 5.
[2022.08] Our paper JARVIS: A Neuro-Symbolic Commonsense Reasoning Framework for Conversational Embodied Agents is on arXiv!
[2022.06] Started intern at Google Research for Embodied AI!
[2022.05] Our SlugJARVIS team won the Alexa Prize SimBot Public Benchmark Challenge! [Media Coverage]
[2022.04] Invited Talk in Chinese about Vision-and-Language Navigation in AI Drive! [Video in Chinese]
[2022.03] One paper about Vision-and-Language Navigation Survey accepted to ACL 2022!
[2022.03] Our SlugJARVIS team received an Amazon Alexa Prize Award to work on Alexa Prize SimBot Challenge. [link]
[2021.09] Started Ph.D. journey at UCSC!
[2021.05] One short paper accepted to ACL 2021!
[2021.04] One paper accepted to EACL 2021!
[2020.11] One paper accepted to AAAI 2021!
[2020.09] One paper accepted to EMNLP Finding!
[2020.10] One paper accepted to EMNLP WNUT workshop!
My research interests are mainly Computer Vision, Natural Langauge Processing, and Embodied AI.
Publication & Manuscript
JARVIS: A Neuro-Symbolic Commonsense Reasoning Framework for Conversational Embodied Agents
Kaizhi Zheng*, Kaiwen Zhou*, Jing Gu*, Yue Fan*, Jialu Wang*, Zonglin Di, Xuehai He, Xin Eric Wang
Perception Score, a Learned Metric for Open-ended Text Generation Evaluation
Jing Gu, Qingyang Wu, Zhou Yu
in Proc. of AAAI 2021
Data Annealing for Informal Language Understanding Tasks
Jing Gu, Zhou Yu
in Proc. of EMNLP 2020 Findings
Memformer: Memory-Augmented Transformer
Qingyang Wu, Zhenzhong Lan, Jing Gu, Zhou Yu
ConQuest: Contextual Question Paraphrasing through Answer-Aware Synthetic Question Generation
Mostafa Mirshekari, Jing Gu, Aaron Sisto
EMNLP 2021 WNUT Workshop [paper]
Program Committe Member (Reviewer)
- ACL 2021, Sigdial 2021, EMNLP 2021, NeurIPS 2021, ICLR 2022, ACL Rolling Review 2021&2022, NeurIPS 2022, EMNLP 2022
Honors & Awards
- Winner of the Alexa Prize SimBot Public Benchmark Challenge, May 2022
- Team Leader of SlugJarvis, one of the ten teams selected for Alexa SimBot challenge, ongoing competition, 2021-2023
- Outstanding Graduates Award of Shanghai, June. 2018
- Outstanding Graduates Award of University of Shanghai for Sci&Tech, June. 2018
- Excellent Graduation Thesis, June. 2018
- Excellent Student Cadre of Shanghai, Dec. 2017
- Student Research in Google Research, 2022
- Teaching Assitant for Machine Learning, 2021
- Teaching Assitant for Natural Language Processing, 2019
- Teaching Assitant for Machine Dependent Programming, 2020
- Research Scientist in Searchable AI Corp., 2020
One last word